Customer Service Assistant – Casual – APPLY HERE!
Applications Close Monday 02 October 11:59pm
Dream Kayaks is seeking to employ a highly capable Customer Service Assistant for their Ormeau outlet.
- Positive working environment
- Join a high performing team
- Learn and grow in your role
Who We Are
Dream Kayaks is an online kayak retailer selling into the Australian and New Zealand markets. We have a constant stream of innovative new kayaks and we try to bring market-first features to our customers. We sell online in Perth, Brisbane and Christchurch, and we have a physical shop in Ormeau QLD, in the north of the Gold Coast.
Check us out here: www.dreamkayaks.com.au
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer to the core. We encourage people of all genders, ages, races, sexual orientations, etc., to apply to this position with confidence that you will be judged solely by merit against our position requirements on an equal playing field.
Casual position offering roughly 6-24 hours a week based in our Ormeau warehouse (and air conditioned office!). Hours offered may change due to business requirements.
We run a very friendly but very hectic small business. It’s fun because we deal with outdoor adventure and our products are AWESOME (as of course are our people!) – but at times it’s just plain stressful! I’ve tried to summarise it below but we are a small business so you could end up doing all kinds of different activities to support the business.
What You’ll Do (Mainly)
- Serve customers in store, by phone, and online
- Create & manage orders on our system
- Move heavy stock in our warehouse (move 22kg kayak by yourself)
- General business administration
- Outstanding Work Ethic – You will be a person of action! Always keen to get things done!
- Excellent Computer Skills – The nerdier the better! You will be able to work most of the day on a computer and learn new software quickly. We use Microsoft Office – especially Excel and Word.
- Intelligence – you will be able to learn new skills and memorise new information quickly.
- Outstanding English Skills – You will be able to explain our products and procedures to customers with clarity – both spoken and written.
- Attention to Detail – You will master complicated procedures quickly and be able to follow these procedures in stressful situations without making mistakes. If you don’t have a natural high level attention to detail, you will hate me, because I will be on your case constantly.
- Team Player – You will be enthusiastic to contribute to the team, help out wherever you can, and take instructions from others eagerly
- Friendly and Professional – Yes – that rare combination! You will be very friendly by nature and you will have a commitment to professionalism. To us this means going above and beyond in the quality of your work, keeping your word to colleagues and customers, meeting customers’ needs even without being asked, spending your time efficiently, etc
Nice to Haves (We don’t expect these things but would love it if you had them!)
- Keen interest in kayaking and/or fishing
- Advanced computer skills – ability to create websites (BigCommerce preferred. WordPress also useful!)
- Experience with Photoshop or similar photo and video editing software.
You will probably start with two to four 3-hour blocks between the hours of 10 and 3 weekdays and possibly Saturdays. This will increase towards Christmas, and then drop back towards the end of summer as the business requires. We’ll try to work in with you and your lifestyle where we can. We generally operate 9-5 weekdays and 9-2 Saturdays so any work we offer you is likely to be within these hours.
You will be ready to start immediately or with a few weeks.
Applications Close Monday 02 October 11:59pm
How to Apply
If this doesnt sound like hell on earth to you – GREAT! We look forward to hearing from you! Email us at email@example.com
Follow these instructions carefully (Yes, this is a test! 🙂 )
- Attach a resume of no more than two A4 pages in Word or similar format. We like it pretty, but professional.
- Attach a cover letter of no more than one page in Word or similar format. Prove to us that you can spell!
- Write the words “Job Application” in the email subject
- In the body of the email just write something brief and simple like “Please receive my application for the position of Customer Service Assistant in your Ormeau shop.” and sign off with your name.
Thanks & I look forward to reading your applications!!